Pollution from certain industrial premises is controlled by local authorities and the Environment Agency. Some processes need Environmental Permits to operate.
At Miller Goodall, we have been actively involved in the implementation and enforcement of the Pollution Prevention and Control regime since its inception, and have a wide range of experience in all sectors, including incineration, cremation, coating and metal and mineral processes.
The team currently carries out the inspection and enforcement duties for two local authorities in the north west of England and peforms ad hoc inspection and training work for others.
Our services allow Local Authorities to:
- meet inspection targets for the year
- input extra resources to unusual or challenging cases
- cover short term vacancies
- provide timely comments to the Environment Agency in relation to A1 installations
- demonstrate improved operator performance
Miller Goodall also provides support to process operators and can:
- prepare applications for A2 and Part B activities
- liaise with local authorities and the Environment Agency with respect to compliance issues
- provide training and advice with respect to existing and new legislation