At Miller Goodall, our noise consultants have a proven track record of submitting noise assessments in support of many successful developments. These noise assessments include proposals for housing developments, mixed use, commercial, industrial and infrastructure projects.
A noise assessment is often used to show the effect of existing noise levels on a proposed development, or the effect of the proposed development on noise levels. Planning applications often have to be supported by a noise assessment. Alternatively, one of the conditions of a planning consent may be that a noise assessment is submitted to the local authority.
Noise assessments can include:
- measurement of existing noise levels
- prediction of noise from proposed operations
- computer modelling of the development
- specification of cost-effective mitigation to both the developer and local authority’s satisfaction where necessary.
We have a wealth of experience of using and working within the parameters of national and local guidelines and standards including:
- Noise Policy Statement for England
- BS8233 for residential developments
- BS4142 for commercial and industrial developments
- Calculation of Road Traffic Noise (CRTN)
- Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB)
Two of our noise consultants have extensive experience working within local authorities as environmental health officers, and a local authority retained Miller Goodall for six years as its air quality and noise consultants. This has given us unparalleled insight into local authority decision-making. Additionally, two of our noise consultants have worked for large multidisciplinary companies. All of this means that we tailor our service so that all efforts are focussed on the right areas - if it doesn't need to be done, we won't do it!
- Noise advice in respect of breach of planning condition at chilled food manufacturer, Westhoughton
- Noise and Vibration Assessment for Prescott Business Park
- Noise Assessment for a New Fire Station at Rastrick, West Yorkshire
- Noise Assessment for a Residential Development on a Noisy Site in Bradford
- Noise assessment for a residential development, Wigan
- Noise Assessment for a Road Expansion Scheme in Blackburn
- Noise Assessment for an Extension to a Manufacturing Facility in Wigan
- Noise Assessment for an extraction system at a biotechnology manufacturing facility
- Noise Assessment for Entertainment Noise from a Nightclub in West Lancashire
- Noise Assessment for Mixed Use Development Adjacent to M65
- Warehouse Skate Park in Leyland